June Costs Roundtable Summary
Following hot on the heels of our recent Costs Briefing, here is the 'long read' summary of last month's Breakfast Roundtable which ‘starred’ Ben Williams QC.
Ben shared with us his thoughts on:
• Non-party costs orders - a remedy that needs to be on every commercial litigator’s palette
• The Arkin cap - an historical indulgence to funders
• Costs budgeting - one of the mysteries at the heart of cost budgeting is the approach to hourly rates
• Part 36 - the gift that never stops giving or a point of constant frustration?
• Proportionality - there's nothing in the practice direction that says the court must not allow necessary costs
I hope you read, enjoy and digest Ben’s thoughts on these important issues for litigators.
Our next event is scheduled for 7 November – so let us know (please email firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in attending and feel free to alert us to any topics that you would like to see discussed.